Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

What are your thoughts?

Someone super cool asked me yesterday "What are you thoughts this week?" and for some reason I just found it to be the most interesting question I've heard in awhile. Mostly because I have had so many thoughts that I can't seem to slow down long enough to think them, if that makes sense. But her question got me thinking and I'm going to try and think my thoughts more this week and not let them flutter through my head by the millions, unfiltered and unthought.
Random thoughts:
- I had a dream about a bird my "friend" Alex had it was named Kali and had three yellow stripes across it's wingspan, it escaped out of the house (my old Navurevure house for those of you who know it) and I had to save the day because Alex was parking my Dad's car, so I shoved my finger in a Papaya and ran outside, when I brought the bird inside it kept running into the fans, my Mom tried to convince me that the bird would learn to stay away from the fans, I just told her "Mom, they don't call people birdbrained for nothing." how mean.
- I've been thinking a lot about Art Nouveau or Jugendstil lately and wondering if I can just decide to be inspired by it or if that is too blatant and a more natural inspiration must happen, either way I'm in love with it right now...I blame all the beautiful Metro stops
- I just remembered a time when I was probably nine and learning to type, a friend tried showing me the shift key and how it would make capital letters for you, I was too stubborn and insisted on pressing caps lock every time I wanted a capital letter and then pressing it again to go back to lowercase letters.
- I wish I read more, reading is definitely cooler than dreaming, and that's saying a lot coming from me, but books are so expensive. I think I get more sad when I can't buy a book than when I can't buy shoes. I guess I could probably buy more books if I bought fewer pairs of shoes.
- I need to fill out my OFII forms and apply for the CAF and get an Imagine-R card but i don't know how to do it and I'm scared to ask someone in French, not because I don't know how but because they'll probably explain it to me very clearly and beautifully and I just won't understand, but because I'm too proud I'll nod and say "oui, oui" and try and figure it out myself.
- This last weekend was so much fun, I hope I can have that much fun every weekend. Highlights: Musee de Quai Branly, Musee du Louvre, Champs Elysee window shopping, GIANT-ass Sephora, did I mention the Musee du Louvre? And salsa dancing on a Sunday night!
- I'm officially studying at two schools and will so have no time for anything, I'm sad I didn't use the free time I've had the last few weeks better.
- Poor college student food here is so much better than poor college student food at home, but it's definitely not better than rich college student food. MLIA
- Helping organize the Rick Owens fashion show and being apart of the photoshoots, I'm so excited...what to wear?
- Trying to stereotype people here has proven a failure, there is no box into which all Parisians can be stuffed, but I bet if you gave them the box they would find a way, they are all so space efficient!
-My converter for my computer broke (or was broken) so I only have a few minutes left, I'm running late to class and here I sit using up my battery blogging.

I wish I had more interesting thoughts lately, now that I sit here and read them, I begin to understand why I haven't been thinking them, there are too many and they are too boring to be thought. Sorry to waste your time, if you made it this far, you probably should have gone and done something more worthwhile with your time.

I want to be Josephine Baker and wear a banana skirt, Prada has one out but that's not going to happen now is it?

2 comments: