Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

My Apple Juice Just Whistled at Me


I'm sitting here in my dorm room in the 14th arrondissment in Paris, France. I've only been here four days, but I feel like it's a different life. Absolutely nothing is the same, except my unfortunately tiny wardrobe. Exactly a million and a half thoughts are going through my brain right now and it makes sleep very difficult to come by.

- The pink toilet paper was cute at first, but now I can't stand it. If the Charmin bears could see this I don't know what they would do. It's like wiping your butt with a crepe paper streamer.
- French folks have perfect hemlines, I've said it so many time to so many people (three to be exact, but when you don't have too many friends...) they are never, ever too long. If anything they are too short and some people are even flashing argyle, but I have yet to see any part or any persons wardrobe touch the ground.
- When some one tells you that a cheese is 'tres fort' that means it will taste like nothing you've ever had in your life, unless you eat out of garbage bins. I now understand the phrase "cut the cheese" in its entirety.
- Excepting one, I have now had four different fabulous French cheeses that I loved! Fromage chevre, Fromage corse, Camembert (I may or may not have eaten a small round by myself) and Reblochon.
- You know when you get a mental kick in the pants are suddenly inspired? Just got one...stay tuned.
- Favorite new facial expression that I can now spot a mile away "You, my dear, have said "Oui" seven times and not answered a single question, you don't understand a single thing I've said do you?"
- I want to ART!!!
- The honesty of the French is like a breath of fresh air. The really cold kind on a January day in Colorado, still fresh and I love it but it may knock the wind out of you if unprepared.
- Is it possible that pantyhose make legs colder?
- Dreamt of Dragons nightclub in Suva meets a metro station in France...coming soon, prepare to be disturbed!
- Paris has my gaydar all messed up, the men are all so beautiful.
- It's like Paris knew I was coming and told everyone "Quick let's all dress like Calli would if she were really rich and lived here her whole life!"

Paris je t'aime!

1 comment:

  1. I envy the cheeses you are getting to eat! I have had a couple that you listed, but I'm sure they are much better in France!

    ReplyDelete