Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Home

I'm home,
I just left home to come home
and next week I'll leave home
to go home...
Is home that place you lay your head at night?
Or where your family is?
Is it the house you still have a mortgage on or the place you raise your kids?
For some people it's a house, for other's it's a country, some think of it as a state of mind.
For me it's that place I let my imagination run free, where I sing in the shower (so... everywhere?) and crazy dance before I wash dishes, it's anywhere I can laugh out loud and say what's on my mind, whether there's someone there to listen or not. It's anywhere someone suffers through a narrative of a dream I had and feigns interest. Home is Fiji, Vanua Levu, Wailoku, Tauvana, my parents house. Home is the USA, Colorado, Fort Collins, the awesome place I'm living now. Home is where I am, who I'm with, when and where I am most comfortable, right now.
I can't wait to make new homes all over the world!


2 comments:

  1. ...home is where your sister is. ha ha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! World here we come! And the best part is that this is not our home :)

    ReplyDelete