Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's been awhile...


Since I posted, Since I've felt like posting, but mostly since I've dreamed.
I consider it very indicative of my sleep schedule when I don't dream, The more sleep I get the better and more vivid my dreams are.
The last four nights I've had great sleep and thus really great dreams.
I had a dream that I had a tree, it was my tree and nobody else's. I discovered it in the back room of my favorite fabric store when shopping for fabric (or I was hiding from the police, I can't remember which) it was a forest of trees in that fabric store and they were part of a subset of many forests of many trees, each individual tree belonged to an individual person.
Sometimes I wonder how I know these things, they weren't explained to me in the dream and there aren't usually footnotes to go with dreams, although I would love to meet someone with footnoted and/or indexed dreams. You just know, just like right now I just know that I want to eat a croissant, no one has to tell me that and no one has to tell me where they are, I just know. (bad example?)
Anyway, I found my tree, and was devastated to discover that it was infested with a personality altering golden ladybug. This insect prayed on the trees of people (read: personalities of...) and change the very basis of who they were.
I couldn't bring myself to squash the bugs, they were just too pretty, and it was then that I noticed other bugs on other peoples trees. Blueberry ladybugs, they were blue. Tiger
beetles, were huge beetles the size of my hand (which is probably a lot bigger than yours), were made of plastic and were orange with black strips (they almost looked like a sippy cup you might find at the bottom of a Frosted Flakes box). On many occasions the Tiger Beetle wore giant Blueberry Bugs on their heads as hats and posed a double threat to the personality trees.
I didn't know how to stop this epidemic, I still don't know what I should have done and feel a little guilty for not doing anything. But the police arrived shortly after and I had to run...

I've since learned that what I thought was a golden ladybug was actually a golden tortoise beetle. Would you have crushed this beautiful bug just to save your personality?


1 comment:

  1. holy cow! Thanks for finding out about these beetles. They are currently astounding me! And your dreams read like marvelous story books for children. Best of luck with your designs.

    ReplyDelete